This permanent visa is designed for relatives of ‘settled’ Australians who are ‘aged’ and financially dependent.
These visas are subjected to a very severe cap and you will have to wait many years to receive and outcome.
The Aged Dependant Relative must be:
- Single (eg never married, divorced, widowed)
- Dependant on the Australian sponsor for a reasonable period (in practice, at least 3 years)
- Old enough to be eligible for an aged pension (at time of writing 65. This will increase incrementally to 67 by 1 July 2023).
You must be offshore when applying for the 114 visa and onshore when applying for the 838 visa.
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)