There are two kinds of permanent visas that allow a person to obtain Australian Permanent Residency by making a significant financial investment in Australia. These are the Investor visa (subclass 891) and Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 888).
Both of these visas require you to make a significant financial investment in Australia (between $1.5 million and $15 million, depending on the visa being applied for) for a minimum period of time.
The purpose of these investor visas is to attract individuals to Australia who will make a positive contribution to the growth of Australian businesses; in particular, emerging companies.
Before a person can apply for either the 891 or 888 Permanent visa, they must already hold the equivalent temporary visa for that stream and complied all relevant conditions.
Please click the below links for detail on each of these migration pathways.
Significant Investor Visa (subclass 891): The applicant must hold an Investor (Provisional)(Subclass 162) visa and maintained a minimum investment of $1.5 million in Australia for four years.
*Note: The subclass 162 visa is no longer open to new applicants*
Business Innovation and Investment Visa (subclass 888): The applicant must hold a provisional Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188), must have been nominated by an Australian State or Territory or the Federal Government and have met the requirements of their current visa.
These visas, and the conditions around them, are very complicated. Always be sure to obtain advice specific to your situation before making an application, to ensure you have the best chance of success.
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)