If you meet the criteria for a skilled migration visa, you may be eligible to come to Australia to live and work without a sponsor.
However, in order to be granted a visa under one of these subclasses, an applicant must score at least 60 points on the Skilled Migration Points Test prescribed by the Department of Immigration.
Skills are awarded in a combination of age, English proficiency, qualifications and experience in the stated occupation. You can estimate your own score using the table below (source: DIBP)
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)