If you are applying for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa and are being sponsored by an eligible family member, your sponsor is required to live in a region that is ‘designated’ by the Government for these purposes.
What areas are designated for the purposes of the Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa?
Your sponsor relative can live anywhere in Australia, with four exceptions. These are:
– Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle in New South Wales, and
– Brisbane in Queensland.
Living in an area is defined as being ‘usually resident’; that is, they must maintain their primary residence somewhere other than the above locations.
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)