Distinguished Talent Visas (subclass 124/858) are for people who have, at the international level, demonstrated exceptional talent or an outstanding record of achievement in their field. Migration to Australia must present a clear benefit to Australia.
To quality for this visa you must demonstrate a record of exceptional and outstanding achievement, that is internationally recognised.
You must still be prominent in your profession, sport or area of the arts, academia or research at the time you apply. Your achievements must be superior to others in your field and you will need to demonstrate that this record of achievement will be sustained in the future.
You will need to demonstrate that you will be an asset to the Australia community (at a national, not local level) and would be able to obtain employment or establish yourself within your profession without difficulty.
Additionally, you will need to be nominated by and Australian or Australian organisation who has national standing in your area of achievement and can testify to your achievements.
This visa can be applied for both within Australia (858) and overseas (124).
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)