This is a permanent visa that allows people to settle in Australia to be with their only remaining near relatives. This visa allows a person with all relatives ‘settled’ in Australia to be sponsored to come to Australia by a close relative.
This visa class is subject to a severe cap and an outcome is expected to take many years.
A remaining relative is a person who:
- All parents, siblings and non-dependent children (including step-relationships) are settled in Australia
- If the person has a partner, then the partner’s parents, siblings and non-dependent children (including step relationships) are also settled in Australia.
You must be outside of Australia to apply for the 115 visa and inside Australia to apply for the 835.
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)