This is a permanent, points-tested visa under SkillSelect for people who do not have a family or business sponsor or a State or Territory nomination.
Once you have submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect, you may be invited to apply for this visa. At this time you must have:
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- A positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation.
- not yet turned 50 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English.
One you are invited to apply, you will have 60 days to apply. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.