The Skilled – Nominated (190) is a permanent visa which must be applied for through SkillSelect. To be eligible for this visa, you must be nominated by a State or Territory government.
This visa allows you to become a permanent resident of Australia.
You must be invited to apply for this visa. When you receive your letter of invitation you must apply within 60 days and must also have:
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list (SOL)
- obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- not yet turned 50 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English
- been nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.