This is a permanent visa for people who are in Australia and have lived (for at least 2 years) and worked (for at least 1 year) in specific regional areas.
You must currently hold a:
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
- Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496)
- Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487)
- Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for a subclass 495, 487 or 489 visa