The Superyacht Crew Visa (488) allows crew members to work on board a superyacht in Australia for a period of up to 12 months. While in Australia on this visa, you will be able to apply for a further 488 visa.
In order to be eligible for this visa you must:
- Be employed as a superyacht crew member
- be sponsored by an approved Superyacht Crew sponsor, or
- supply details of a potential sponsor who has applied for approval.
A Superyacht is any high-value luxury sailing or motor vessel that:
- is 24 metres or longer
- is not carrying cargo
- is used for sport or pleasure.
As a holder of this visa, you will not be allowed to do any other work in Australia. You are only able to work for your sponsor and only on the superyacht.
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)