A second-year holiday visa is a special privilege given to young people between the age of 18 to 30 for them to enjoy the benefits that come with casual work rights that help them supplement their travels. Before you apply for an extension, you are required to conduct an online assessment to confirm your eligibility. Once you are sure of your eligibility, the you need understand the conditions of the second year working holiday visa.
The application can be made within or outside Australia. The following are basic requirements:
- The work to be performed should be incidental to the main aim of the holiday or employment for not less than six months with a particular employer is not permitted.
- You must be between the age of 18 to 30 years
- Your passport must be valid at least for six months before renewal
- You must be financially stable to be able to support yourself while in Australia
- You must be free of any substantial criminal convictions
- You must be free of any substantial medical issues
- You must have worked for at least 88 days as a seasonal employee (either in agriculture, mining, or construction industry) within regional Australia
Any application should be accompanied with supporting documents, including the following:
- Tax Returns
- A bank Statement for the specified work period
- Group Certificates
- General receipts, bus tickets, or accommodation receipts
- Employer recommendation letter on company letterhead
Any application for second year working visa should be received at least 28 days before the first visa expires. It usually takes at least three months to complete the whole application process. If you are out of Australia, your visa will come into effect once you land in Australia. If you are in Australia, it will come into effect when the first one expires.
- Migration Edge exist to ensure smooth journeys and fair treatment for those who wish to come to Australia.
Keen to learn more? We invite you to search our archive of articles here.
If you are in need of expert advice about coming to Australia, or sponsoring a person to come to Australia, you have come to the right place.
Simply Click Here to get in touch; we are always available to chat.
- 2018.06.20New Zealand CitizensWhen would a New Zealand Citizen apply for a Visa prior to coming to Australia?
- 2018.05.29CitizenshipMy partner is a New Zealand citizen and lives in Australia– what are my visa options?
- 2018.05.28CitizenshipThe Australian General Skilled Migration Process – Beginning to End!
- 2018.05.26Permanent VisasResident Return Visas (subclasses 155 and 157)